Monday, August 30, 2010

"The Truth"


Slipping into depression

How shall I climb out

Engulfed in darkness

Still, I can hear them shout



They seek my lost soul

But it's been missing since birth

I have never known a conscience

which was perfect for evading hurt



Such a specimen is peculiar

Narcissists, we feel no pain

Even tears in a lovers eyes

Would cause no dismay



I once counted this as a blessing

But now I see the truth

It was my fault all along

I apologize if you thought it was you



So now that I understand this feeling

I realize I should have never been afraid

because the renditions of a heavy heart

Is a spiritual growth experience I would never trade



So if there are heavens

I thank them for my tears

Because it is better to have loved and lost

then to never have faced my fears

No comments:

Post a Comment